The FEZANA Scholarship Program was started in 1998 to recognize academic excellence and provide Zarathushti students in university programs financial assistance to study at institutions in the U.S & Canada
Complete list of all FEZANA Scholarship winners since inception.
Applications are invited for the following FEZANA ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIPS
- Mehraban and Morvorid Kheradi Endowment Scholarship for Academic Excellence: The FEZANA Scholar
- FEZANA 25th Anniversary Endowment Scholarship For Academic Excellence
- Morvarid Guiv Endowment Scholarships
- Purvez and Aban Rustomji Endowment Scholarship
- Banoobai and Maneckshaw Kapadia Endowment Scholarship for Financial Assistance
- Dr Minocher Rustom Vesuna and Dowlat Minocher Vesuna WZO Canada Endowed Scholarships
- Sheroo Darabsha Kolsawala Endowed Scholarship
- Jerry and Celete Kheradi 30th Anniversary Endowed scholarship for Graduate students
- The 30th Anniversary Alumni Scholarship
All scholarships are open to Zarathushti applicants who have obtained admission for attendance at institutions of higher learning (accredited degree-granting colleges or universities) in USA or Canada.
Scholarships for the academic year 2017-2018 will be awarded in September 2017.
Applicants must complete the application form and provide documentation for:
- US and Canadian citizens or permanent residents Zarathushtis who are enrolled or applied as full-time students in a college, university or other institutions in the United States or Canada. Non-US/Canada Zarathushtis must be enrolled in an institution for 1 year or 2 semesters.
- past academic records and accomplishments (attach documentation of the past four years only)
- Program of study
- Annual financial need including assistance already pledged by other funds, charitable institutions or the institution of choice
- Other financial assistance available from family and friends
- Community service including contributions to Zarathushti functions and organizations
- Three reference letters
- Awards to recipients will be made one time only with a possibility of one renewal. The award will be effective in September of the year. Awards for the year will be determined each year.
FEZANA SCHOLARSHIP Scholastic achievement 40%, Financial needs 40%, Extra Curricular activities 10%, Community service 10%
The Mehraban and Morvorid Kheradi Endowment Scholarship of $5000 and the 25th anniversary FEZANA Scholarship will be awarded for Academic Excellence 80%; Extra Curricular activities 10%, Community service 10%
The Purvez and Aban Rustomji Endowed Scholarship of $5000 will be awarded to a qualified undergraduate student who demonstrates financial need and academic achievement
The Morvarid Guiv Endowed Scholarships of $1000 will be awarded to one graduate and one undergraduate student who demonstrates financial need together with academic excellence
Dr Minocher Rustom Vesuna and Dowlat Minocher Vesuna WZO Canada Endowed Scholarships will be awarded to a graduate and an undergraduate student with good academic standing who demonstrates financial need.
Sheroo Darabshaw Kolsawala WZO Canada Endowed Scholarship will be awarded to an undergraduate student with good academic standing who demonstrates financial need
Applications are evaluated by a committee appointed by FEZANA and are judged on academic accomplishments, program of study, appraiser’s evaluations, answers to the essay question, and general impressions from the application form.
All applications are to be filed ONLINE only.
For any questions please email Dr Dolly Dastoor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to apply is August 01, 2017
The form below has to be filled in all at once.
Here is a PDF of the sample form that will give you an idea of the inputs necessary.
The following need to be attached:
- Transcripts of high school and college courses (past 4 years only)
- For Graduates we need Undergraduate transcripts
- For undergraduates we need test scores for any standardized tests taken (SAT, ACT, AP or IB Scores)
- Proof of expected tuition expenses, viz: fee receipt or page from college catalog
- Proof of housing expenses like rent receipt or dorm fees from college catalog.
Before you start the online application please scan and convert to a single PDF file that you will need to attach with your application.
Please use the following file name convention: FEZANA2017_Your_Name.pdf
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT names of those who are awarded scholarships will be publicly announced and included on FEZANA’s website, FEZANA.ORG; FEZANA JOURNAL and in other communications